Bertus Kemp was a biochemist at the University of Amsterdam, who was well known for his work on the biochemistry of connective tissue. He held a keen interest in prolyl hydroxylases and ATP synthase and incorporated azido-labelled substrate analogues in his research.
In the year 2023 the third annual ‘Stipendium Bertus Kemp’ of € 20.000 will be awarded to an early-stage (i.e. >2 years post-PhD, < 8 years) scientist in The Netherlands working at a university or research institute in Amsterdam, who needs financial support to extend her/his network and initiate novel or strengthen existing (inter)national collaborations for future applications for consortium grants, all aimed at making new discoveries in the field of biochemistry.
Funding can be used to cover
- bench fee for experiments in the laboratory of a collaborator, including outsourced large-scale experiments;
- an exchange visit to the collaborator lab to learn and employ a new technique;
- an exchange visit of the collaborator to the main applicant’s laboratory for a lecture plus masterclass and brainstorming about future collaborations.
Other types of funding requests are welcomed. The proposed research concerns studies on basic biochemical processes.
The application should consist of:
- A brief description of the scientific discovery of biochemical interest that the projects intends to make.
- A description of the proposed, novel collaboration indicating how this specific collaboration will catalyse future grant applications (max 400 words).
- A project description, including background, hypothesis, objectives, approach and intended deliverables such as a publication, methodology or follow-up grant proposal(s) (max 600 words).
- A budget proposal (by financial controller of the institute).
- A biosketch / Curriculum Vitae of the applicant, including a short list of previous discoveries by the applicant, a list of publications, highlighting the three most relevant publications.
Deadline proposal submission: April 30th 2023 at 14.00
Expected decision: May 30th 2023
For information please email: gngh@gngh-bestuur
To apply: https://gngh.nl/beurzen-en-bijdragen/